2024 Scholarship Criteria
- Scholarship application are being accepted for the 2024 academic school year. The application process will begin on January 1, 2024. The scholarship will be awarded in 2024.
- Applications must be submitted no later than March 1, 2024.
- Application will only be submitted online. Applications must be submitted through this form: https://forms.gle/qbuYGj4pGVXNah6c7
- The number of scholarship awards will be based on available funds. There will be a cap of $1,000 per award winner.
- Applicant must have participated, in some way, in Republican activities, such as but not limited to, Young Republicans, Tulare County Central Committee, Republican Women Federated, and/or interning in the offices of Republican lawmakers.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Applicant must reside in Visalia; however, if the applicant resides in Tulare County, he/she is eligible if a parent or grandparent is a current member of Visalia RWF, in good standing, for a minimum of 3 consecutive years.
- Applicant must have applied to, or be enrolled full time, in a vocational school, community college, 2-year college or university, and must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- All applicants must submit a personal essay - 500 words or less - about what being a Republican means to you. Include your educational and career goals in this essay. Describe any special circumstances that you have experienced that would assist the scholarship committee in the selection process.
- Please provide (2) letters of recommendation indicating how long the person has known you and in what capacity, including character, work ethic, communication skills, ad working relationship. Letters may be emailed by originator to email@example.com or mailed to Visalia RWF, c/o Tracey Meaders, 1525 E Noble Ave #280, Visalia, CA 93292. Letters must be received by scholarship due date in order for scholarship to be considered complete. Scholarship chairwoman will notify applicant via email once the scholarship is complete. If you do not receive an email notification, it is your duty to follow up.
- All applicants will be notified by June 15, 2024 of the committee’s decision.
- Scholarship awards will be given directly to the recipient upon presentation of their school schedule indicating full-time status.
- Scholarship awards are at the sole discretion of the scholarship committee and will be awarded based upon eligibility, merit, and need of the student.
Click here to access the
The 2020 Scholarship winner pictured with the Scholarship Committee